Assistant Quality Control Manager Jobs
Assistant Quality Control Manager Job Overview – WI and MI Laboratory Jobs
Assistant Quality Control Manager is a professional position in the construction industry. Successful candidates will be team-oriented individuals that show leadership qualities as well as a desire to learn and advance their careers.
Position responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate collection of aggregate samples and ensure that the aggregates meet the quality requirements for the design.
- Communicates with the management team to determine mix design, starting proportions based on contract requirements, production limitations, costs, etc.
- Supervise mix design testing and submittal to ensure accuracy and timely approval.
- Partners with management team with troubleshooting production issues such as volumetrics, gradation, etc.
- Partners with management team with troubleshooting placement issues such as density, ride, etc.
- Assists management team with risk assessments and decision-making regarding quality control results.
- Partners with safety team and management team to develop safety strategies that serve the QC team and ensures safety policies are followed.
- Coordinates with QC Manager and operations to appropriately schedule QC Technicians and equipment.
- Assures that the QC team are reporting results accurately and timely to contracting authorities.
- Communicates with QC Manager and Division Manager to facilitate recruiting and hiring of QC Technicians.
Assistant Quality Control Manager is under direct supervision of the Quality Control Manager and Division Manager
- At least five years of heavy highway quality control experience, preferably with Hot Mix Asphalt and Aggregate testing experience.
- Ability to communicate professionally and confidently both internally and with external customers.
- Competence with basic math, Microsoft Office, and database entry.
- Willingness to work toward and become a certified technician through various DOT agencies for testing Hot Mix Asphalt and Aggregate.
Click here to learn more about our product laboratory and highly-specialized research facility.
Our Assistant Quality Control Manager and other laboratory professionals complete work throughout Northern Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan including Ashland, WI; Washburn, MI; Ironwood, MI and surrounding communities.