Construction Technician Jobs
Construction Technician Job Overview – WI and MI Road Construction Jobs
Construction Technician is an entry-level position in the construction industry. Successful candidates will learn and perform a wide variety of construction related tasks such as the following:
Safety and Compliance
- Safety is a priority and therefore everyone’s responsibility. Construction Technicians will be expected to understand and execute the company’s safety program.
- Traffic control planning, installation, and inspection
- Erosion control compliance
- Sampling and testing construction materials
Technology and Equipment Operation
- Surveying and grade setting using laser levels and GPS Equipment
- Thermal imaging / Intelligent compaction
- Equipment grade control
Project Planning and Execution
- Bid Preparation: Plan take-offs / Cycle time – Production rate calculation
- Project scheduling and maintaining daily project quantity records
The Construction Technician is under the direct supervision of the Area/Quality Control Manager
- Associates or bachelor’s degree with interest in construction, construction materials or technology, or 3 years of work experience in a related field.
- Must have effective communication skills and computer/technical skills.
- Successful candidates will be self-motivated and goal oriented with
the desire to work in a fast paced ever changing environment.
Our Construction Technicians and road construction crews complete work throughout Northern Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan including Ashland, WI; Washburn, MI; Ironwood, MI and surrounding communities.